The ONE Campus Challenge is a college competition designed to mobilize students, faculty and alumni in the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease.
How To: Describe ONE
It’s crucial to know how to talk about ONE’s work and the opportunity in the fight against extreme poverty. Here are some basic guidelines on how to message ONE as an organization, our policy priorities and key stats.
BEST PRACTICES TO CONSIDER:
ONE is an international campaigning and advocacy organization made up of more than 9 million members taking action to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa.
ONE’s Messaging Platform:
- We’re inspired by the facts.. that show extreme poverty has been cut by 2/3 since 1990
- We’re united in our belief… that extreme poverty is an injustice…
- We’re driven to action… because we can virtually eradicate extreme poverty by 2030
ONE DOES NOT FUNDRAISE. AS WE ALWAYS SAY,
“WE’RE NOT ASKING FOR YOUR MONEY;
WE’RE ASKING FOR YOUR VOICE.”
ONE KEY FACTS
- Extreme poverty has been cut by 2/3 since 1990. The numbers show that we can virtually eliminate extreme poverty by 2030.
- 17 million people now have access to lifesaving HIV/AIDS medicine, up from just under 700,000 in 2000.
- Since 2000, global malaria deaths have declined by 60%
- An estimated 60 million more children in sub-Saharan Africa were enrolled in primary school in 2013 than in 2000.
To learn more download the full PDF!